Tuesday, January 29, 2008

RSS

I'm having a little trouble figuring out this RSS stuff. I couldn't figure out where I would be getting this subscribed information, but it is through another website, called bloglines, according to Luke, our tech support person.

It seems like it would be a handy way to get lots of information about the topics that you're used to. I still haven't figured out how to add items to my blogline, but I'm sure that I will soon.

I think librarians could use the RSS's to keep up on what books are popular.

I have just been using the bloglines suggested by "bloglines" so far, but I could see going to a site I like, like the Star Tribune, and seeing the RSS icon and then adding that to my feedlines.

These terms are all new to me, but maybe as I use them, they'll start to make more sense.

1 comment:

CMLE Coach said...

There are a lot of ways to pull in RSS feeds. One is by subscribing to a reader (as indicated in the RSS Thing. Others include pulling it into your email (most email sites alllow you to do it). I myself pull mine into iGoogle which I use as my home page. Makes it clean and neat. I have several tabs within iGoogle so that I can stay organized!

Keep posting...


Cindy Gruwell
CMLE 23 Things Coach